Crime Victims Assistance Network (I-CAN) was created to help support and advocate for victims of violence. After years of working with victims in our communities, it became more and more apparent that victims were falling through the cracks. Some victims of violent crimes had no idea if resources were available, and if available, how to access those resources following a traumatic event. Additionally, victims from disenfranchised and immigrant communities being cautious of reaching out to law enforcement, are left without know about the vital resources available to them.
We realize the importance of a collaborative approach to victim assistance. No one agency can do it all. We are proud to work alongside amazing organizations that help victims in various ways, surrounding victims with as much community support possible.
In 2011, we opened our offices in Sacramento. Though based in Sacramento, we provide victims support and parole hearing accompaniment throughout the state and across the country.
OUR MISSION: I-CAN’s mission is to support, educate and empower those impacted by crime.
OUR PURPOSE: To provide victim centered, comprehensive services to victims of violent crime. To treat victims with dignity and respect and to help ensure that this continues throughout their healing journey.
- Therapy/counseling services
- Our bilingual/bicultural Spanish-speaking therapist is available to assist Spanish speaking victims. (Assessment and eligibility guidelines apply)
- Victim Advocacy to assist victims in enforcing their rights pursuant to Marsy’s Law, the California Crime Victims’ Bill of Rights
- Accompaniment to court and parole hearings
- Upon request advocates are available to accompany victims to court proceedings
- Upon request advocates are available to help prepare for and accompany victims to parole hearings
- Resource and Referral Information
- General information on additional assistance programs, victims’ rights and criminal justice processes.
All of our services are provided Free of Charge. For assistance please call 916-273-3603.